Parent helpers will need to be arranged for each swimming lesson. KS1 = 3 parent helpers KS2 = 2 parent helpers
Please note the following:
- We expect all pupils to come with their full kit on the day they are due to swim.
- For safety and hygiene reasons, we do not have any reserve stock of spare costumes. It is most important that all children wear a swimming hat (swimming hats can be purchased on parent pay)
- Long Bermuda-type shorts are not suitable for swimming lessons as they restrict movement and make it difficult for children to learn to swim.
- You may allow your child to wear a suitable rash vest type top if they are finding the water cold.
- Jewellery must not be worn; earrings can be particularly hazardous, therefore, any child sent to school with earrings, on a day when they are due to swim, will not be allowed in the pool.
- There are strictly no mobile phone or cameras allowed on poolside.
- If your child has a valid reason for not attending the swimming lessons please inform the class teacher or Mr Pool.