Swimming lessons will take place for the first half of the Summer term for pupils in Years 1, 3, 4, 5 and Year 6 non-swimmers.
Please note the following:
- Attendance is compulsory in Year 4
- We expect all pupils to come with their full kit on the day they are due to swim.
- For safety and hygiene reasons, we do not have any reserve stock of spare costumes and towels, and it is most important that all children wear a swimming hat.
- Long Bermuda-type shorts are not suitable for swimming lessons as they restrict movement and make it difficult for children to learn to swim.
- Jewellery must not be worn; earrings can be particularly hazardous, therefore, any child sent to school with earrings, on a day when they are due to swim, will not be allowed in the pool.
- If your child has to wear goggles whilst swimming, please send these in with their swimming kit. Year 1 parents only – your children will start swimming in the Summer Term. Please write a note to inform Mr Pool that your child has to wear goggles.