With recent works carried out to the school swimming pool we will now be running swimming lessons throughout the school year. Year groups 1,2,34 and 5 will swim for 10 weeks per school year (year 6 – just the children who do not meet the national curriculum will be asked to attend catch ups). Parents will be sent their child’s class’s allocated day and time in advance of their 1st week.
Parent helpers will need to be arranged for each swimming lesson. KS1 = 3 parent helpers KS2 = 2 parent helpers
Please note the following:
- We expect all pupils to come with their full kit on the day they are due to swim.
- For safety and hygiene reasons, we do not have any reserve stock of spare costumes. It is most important that all children wear a swimming hat (swimming hats can be purchased on parent pay)
- Long Bermuda-type shorts are not suitable for swimming lessons as they restrict movement and make it difficult for children to learn to swim.
- You may allow your child to wear a suitable rash vest type top if they are finding the water cold.
- Jewellery must not be worn; earrings can be particularly hazardous, therefore, any child sent to school with earrings, on a day when they are due to swim, will not be allowed in the pool.
- There are strictly no mobile phone or cameras allowed on poolside.
- If your child has a valid reason for not attending the swimming lessons please inform the class teacher or Mr Pool.