Year 5 Summer Term 2 Curriculum
Summer Term 2 – Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
Areas of learning
- As writers, we are using our imagination through poetry composition, and adapting our style according to the audience.
- As mathematicians, we are exploring algebra and volume as well as developing our investigative and problem-solving skills.
- As scientists, we are learning about adopting a healthy lifestyle through an understanding of what we eat.
- As geographers, we are broadening our knowledge and understanding of the continents whilst interpreting maps.
- Linked to well-being, we will explore the importance of a healthy lifestyle through making informed choices.
- Through our geographical studies, we are enhancing our appreciation of the world’s physical features.
Spiritual & Moral
We are developing further the importance and benefits of having a healthy mental outlook on life.
- We will learn and explain some of the differing ways that believers show their beliefs, ideas and teachings.