Year 5 Summer Term 1 Curriculum
Summer Term 1 – Great Greeks
Areas of learning
- As writers, we will produce balanced arguments, persuasive recounts, play scripts and stories.
- As historians, we will be studying Ancient Greece through artefacts and stories. We will investigate lifestyle, beliefs, achievements and democracy.
- As geographers, we will learn about the modern-day country of Greece.
- In science, we will learn about life cycles and deliver Sex and Relationships workshops through Kingston Schools’ nurses.
- In RE, we will be learning about Buddhism.
We will explore how our feelings and emotions change in response to what is happening to us and around us.
- We will look at Greece and its local environment. We will discuss its climate, terrain and the culture found there.
Spiritual & Moral
We will recognise and discover our worth as an individual by identifying positive things about ourselves, seeing our mistakes, making amends and setting personal goals.
- We will share our learning with our peers, our buddies and our parents.