Year 4 Summer Term Curriculum
Areas of Learning
- As scientists, we will looking at our teeth – what types do we have and how to take care of them. Then we will take a look at our digestive system and find out how it works. After half term
we then study the science of bubbles.
- As geographers, we will be studying Brazil, finding out about Fairtrade and chocolate
- As design technicians, we will be looking at how pneumatics work and creating items using this knowledge.
- As readers and writers, we will recognize that every story involves a change of some kind; we will look at story structures. Stories from different cultures, different environments and stories with issues.
- We will consider how we shape our future and how we can impact upon our own lives by considering what our goals will be.
- We will consider how climate change will affect the future of our world.
Spiritual & Moral
- We will be discussing stories in which characters face dilemmas and have to make difficult choices. We consider why one might choose to change oneself.
- As members of the global community, we will share our concerns about the current state of the world and about changes in the future.