Nursery Home Learning Tasks
Understanding the World
We are all delighted with how well the children are settling at Rainbow Nursery and we are enjoying getting to know them.
We would like to know more about what your child enjoys and how they learn outside of Nursery.
We would like you to choose an event or celebration (a wedding, a party, a visit to a theme park or any shared family experience) that your child has shown an interest in and to record their response to it in some way, after talking about it together.
This supports your child to:
- Recognise and describe special times or events for family or friends.
- Enjoy joining in with family customs and routines.
- Recall and relive past experiences.
How you can support your child’s learning:
- Put a photograph or memento of any celebration or event that your child has experienced in your family.
- Ask your child what they did or enjoyed during the celebration or event and write down what they say in their words in a speech bubble.
- We would be delighted if your child would like to ‘have a go’ at drawing a picture and ‘writing’ or ‘mark making’ to say what they were doing on an additional sheet. (This could be ‘pretend’ writing).
- Please use this sheet to complete the activity: Understanding the World Templates.