Nursery Curriculum Summer 2
Let’s Have an Adventure……..
Areas of learning
- As ‘learners’ we will talk about what we would do differently next time.
- As ‘community friends’ we will learn about the people who help us in our families and in the wider community.
- As ‘actors’ and ‘story tellers’ we will retell and imagine ‘superhero’ stories and role plays.
- As ‘designers’ and ‘engineers’ we will imagine, plan and make role play props for superheroes.
- As ‘time travellers’ we will look back on our ‘Learning Journey’ and look forward to moving on to Reception.
- We will begin to talk to our friends about things we like, know and understand and solve problems when playing with toys by sharing and taking turns.
- We will start to explore the wider school environment and become familiar with the Reception areas. Which areas do we like best?
- Take photos.
Spiritual & Moral
- We will talk about how we are the same and different. We will make our own choices while ‘taking care of’ other people’s feelings’.
- As a ‘team’ we will show each other how to do things for ourselves.
- We will ask each other for our opinions. For example, who has done a good job today? How?
- We will welcome younger children in the community to our setting. We will start getting to know the adults who will look after us next year.
- We will learn about different community jobs by inviting local super heroes into the Nursery. For example, a fire fighter may come to visit.
We learn best when we are interested and excited about our learning. We will be flexible about our learning and follow children’s interests within these topics.